Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Raven Card Picture Frames

Ok, this is going to be a quick post. Just a simple project I did yesterday. First I went to St. Vinny's to do some shopping. For the people not from the Green Bay area...St. Vinny's is similar to Goodwill, but cheaper and much much bigger! I found so much good stuff there yesterday! I had an entire cart full of stuff for decorations. I found the perfect lantern...the perfect coat for my costume...some great board/card games for the party...and a new set of dining room chairs. BUT the best thing I bought...my pride and joy...is my new Cedar chest!!!
It is light gold in color with small wheels on the bottom
The inside is in PERFECT condition!
However, as excited as I am about finding my chest (only $10)...I am very sad, because I will not be able to work on it until after the holidays. But, it will be okay. I'm not a huge fan of distressed items...but the color is perfect for my room...and it will work :D. And yes, because of the chest I had my very first shopping orgasm. I had to literally sit down I was shaking so hard. Thankfully Stef was able to come pick it up for me (I miss having a van)!

So wait for a future post about my chest! The wooden kind...not my personal kind! Minds out of the gutter please! :D

Ok....so my original post: My Raven card pictures.

I had bought a set of 9 cards online on Ebay ($5.50 total)...and was sent a set of 2 free bookmarks! And yes, they are all textured...hard to see though.

So at St. Vinny's I found the cheap little picture frames that are hinged I usually don't like gold frames, but I didn't want to paint them...so I left them alone...and they were only $.25 each!


Then I just simply add black/orange/cream colored card stock to the back and placed the cards inside. This project took maybe 10 minutes...which is good because I have a patience limit of about 15 minutes...lol. And this only costed me $6.75 to make! BONUS!
I was excited to see it turn out. Today I was going to work on my Spell Books, but my printer won't work...not sure why...and I woke up in the middle of the night with a major migraine. At first I thought it was a headache...but once I started throwing up...I knew it was a migraine. I managed to drive the oldest two to school...didn't think I would make it. I came home...puked some more and crawled into bed for 30 minutes before I had to get up and drive my youngest to school. Then...by 9am I was able to take my migraine meds and slept until almost 4.
 
After another dose of meds and a Pepsi....and a hot bath for an hour...by 8pm I was feeling better. But still my laptop screen is set very dim...but I'm not wearing my sunglasses...so that is good.
 
But now...I'm off to bed and hope that when I wake up I won't have this intense pain shooting through my head! Plus I get to babysit Mari and Logan tomorrow...super excited! I love those kids!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment