Tuesday, October 21, 2014

7 more crafts today...still no sleep...

Who needs sleep? Not me! So much done in the last two or three days of no sleep. Well technically I got about 3-4 hours of light sleep on Monday late morning. So...lets see....I woke up at 6pm Sunday night....and have slept about 4 hours since then. How many hours awake??? I'm not sure...can't count that many...BUT I can count how many crafts I completed today. Ok...maybe I can't count that many...but I did take and pics and will post them.

So this post will have a bunch of pics...but not really step by step. Probably because they were super simple to do.

First is the two small wreathes I had to buy and a wicker branch ($9 from Hobby Lobby). These will make my "B" for my BOO wreathes (http://loggingoffoffacebook.blogspot.com/2014/10/my-halloween-wreathes-and-lovehate.html?zx=a7b9eed8a5f7316e). I am hoping to get it done tomorrow. So far I'm really excited because it looks to be a much better fit.
The first real project I got done today was my "Spooky Doll Wall". I had picked up a cheap creepy doll at the thrift store as well as an empty frame for under $3.
And I found the candle wall holders for $.50 each.
With a coat of paint for the doll and frame...as well as the candle sticks...and a cute wooden sign I found for $1 (and painted it orange)....and this is what I got.
I think it turned out well. The kids don't like it because it is creepy. I just need two more red candles...and I should be all set. So I'm going to count this as 3 crafts.

Then last night Reilly and I started the base of our Spider Web ceiling. Noah and I worked on it this morning until I ran out of crepe paper. Finally tonight I had all 3 boys helping me get it finished. A lot of twisting and tucking and stapling...and it is done! This was craft #4.
Before the boys went to bed, I figured I would get the Bloody Bathroom started. I did not have to convince Reilly to stick his feet in the paint. Plus he was all too happy to get a nice warm foot rub while I cleaned the paint off of the floor.
Thankfully the bathroom project took my typical 10 minutes...with limited "blood" splatter.  I will count this as craft #5.
Finally my last craft took about 2 minutes. I had bought some cool "Eye Lash" yarn and just simply wrapped it around my living room lamp. Turned out pretty cute...with the lights off and on...and even easier to remove. I will count this as #6!
This one I can't technically count as a craft...because I did buy it off Craigslist. I ended up getting four porcelain candle holders (2 ghosts and 2 pumpkins), a divided serving dish, trick or treat bowl, Kleenex box, a Potion sign, and three stuffed "creatures"....all for $10. Not bad at all! 
Last but not least, while at Hobby Lobby I found a wooden sign that I just couldn't pass up. Usually I tell myself that I could make it for cheaper and better...but I never quite get around to it. But today, it was half off and for only $5....very affordable!  All I did was add some of the orange paper cordage I am so fond of....and a few spiders...and up it went!
So all in total, I did 7 crafts today! I still have a few more wreathes to do (so many different types I want to try out)...and a couple fake pumpkins I am working on. Halloween party is in 11 days! This week I want to finish the upstairs so that next week I can finish the basement with the kids!
 
I might still work on the "B" tonight before I go to bed. I need to stay up until 11pm anyway (work related phone call)...so I have 30 minutes...and THREE bags of mini glue sticks! I am parking myself on the couch and I have my TV show on...and ready to go!



No comments:

Post a Comment