Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2015...Bring it ON!

It is New Years Eve! Super excited for this holiday. Even though it is just one date...it is a special date. Today is the last day of 2014. Tomorrow is a new year. Even though nothing really changes...the weather is still cold...the bills are still due...the laundry still needs to be folded. So why is today and tomorrow so important? It is all mind set. It is a new year, and a new year to make changes. This way we can say, "Oh I haven't done that since LAST year"!

This isn't to say that 2014 was a bad year. Not at all. 2014 was a great year! It was the year I turned 33. My last year to be in my EARLY 30's...and a double single number...should be lucky...right?

The year I moved into a place that for once...I felt like I could be proud of it and call it HOME. I would love it more if it had another bedroom...but we can always build one in the basement. But I smile every day when I wake up and realize I live here.

The year when I switched positions at work and enjoyed my job so much more. Sounds crazy to a lot of coworkers, but I really do enjoy my job now. I love my hours and the responsibility I have.

It was the year that I met and had a wonderful time with a great guy that showed me that I was worth it.  Even though we didn't work out, I know that there are great guys out there that aren't just looking to take advantage of me.

It was the year I was accepted into UWGB to finish my bachelors degree. Even though I withdrew before classes started, I was excited to know that I could do it again.

It was the year that I started crafting more and was able to relieve stress doing it. I felt more accomplished.

It was the year that started off slow...and will be ending pretty fast!

So many plans for 2015! Of course the typical ones of getting in shape, and eating healthy. Making a budget and saving money. Cleaning house and getting organized. But for 2015, there is so much more to look forward to!

2015 also brings insurance through work. I have elected to NOT take insurance for the last few years, but signed up for it for 2015. Now I can get a few things looked at that I have been needing to. One is to get my knee looked at and figure out what is wrong and what needs to be fixed. The other is to get my hormone levels checked to see why I have been losing so much hair. Plus some other more personal reasons.

2015 will hopefully bring another new position at work. This time a promotion...hopefully! It would put me back on a 2-2-3 schedule...but then I would be off every other weekend...and spend more time with my boys. It will still be on night shift, but I think I would like it more than I do my current position.

2015 will hopefully put me back on track with my college dreams. Now that my student loans are finally out of default, I qualify for financial aid to help pay for college. Even though I only have 2 years left...It should take me about 4 years to finish...I hope.

But as we all know...we can do the best at planning, but we actually have to put the effort in, if we want it done right. And even if we put in all the effort, it still might not work out. There are some things out of our control. And that is okay.

The best laid plans are meant to be broken...changed...rearranged...and maybe...just maybe...they will turn out better than you could ever imagine! That is my goal for 2015. Things work out the way they were meant to...I will just try to guide them along the current...missing as many rapids as I can...but growing strong with each paddle. 2015 will not be the same as the previous years...it might be better, it might be worse...but it will be new...and that...is all I ask for.

Welcome 2015...bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment