Friday, December 26, 2014

Last Facebook Blog

Christmas is over already? How did that happen? We have spent months planning and spending, decorating and obsessing, cooking and cleaning...and it is over already? Now what are we going to do? What is the next big holiday to decorate and get together? New Years Eve? Ehh...maybe. If you have kids, you are at home with them...if you don't you are usually at the bars...not a big family holiday get together. Valentines Day? Nah, that is more of a couples holiday. Maybe St. Patty's Day? Nope, that is more of a "go out and get drunk and puke up green" holiday. Easter! Easter is a nice family holiday...We can start preparing for Easter!

But in all honesty...it will be nice to have this break. With all of the end of the year holidays...this is now the calm down period. To sit back and reflect on the past year. What things worked...and what didn't. What we need to change...or as others say "you don't need to change...but if you want, you can IMPROVE on what you already have"...ehhh.

I know that there are things I want to do different...and things I don't want to change. I know last year I wanted to do a 52 weeks of Christmas thing. I have a small tree that I wanted to decorate every week with a different theme. Maybe I will actually do it next year...or the following year...lol

However, I have been thinking. I was off facebook for almost 2 months...and I actually enjoyed it. There was less stress and less drama. But the temptation was still there to check in. To worry about what others thought. To worry about what others didn't think. Too much confusion. So 2015 will be for me.

I will make decisions that I want. If I want to cut my hair I will....and not worry about meeting a great guy and finding out that he likes women with long hair. If I want to get a pet...I will...and not worry about meeting someone that is allergic to whatever pet I choose. I will learn to say no. I will learn to say how I really feel about situations. I will put myself and my kids first.

I will not be swayed by a cute guy with a so-so promise. I will not plan ahead in a relationship after only one date. I will not be taken in with a guilt trip. I will not stress out about other peoples problems. And I will not dumb myself down for others.

Yeah I know, I have said this every year...and every year...I don't follow through...and I have blogged about this before...but ehhh. Maybe if I type it enough...it will happen.

So this will be my last blog posted on Facebook. I will still be blogging, but I will no longer be posting them on Facebook. So have a Happy New Years and I wish the best for and your family for 2015. Feel free to save the link and check back in...or not...I'm not worried. I'm going to take this next week to make sure I have all my lists in check and plans ready to go. 2014 was a good year...but there is plenty of room for improvement.

But until 2015 starts I have dishes to do...laundry to fold...and 6 legos to remove from the bottom of my feet. Plus because the boys thought I needed something to help me "wake up"...they bought me ANOTHER coffee pot. Exactly the same one I already have. So now I have two coffee pots to use...even though I rarely drink coffee...lol. Maybe they are trying to tell me something.

So now I have two full pots of coffee brewing...and dishes drying...and the kids are putting away laundry...and I am smiling. Even if nothing else gets done this year...today was a good day.

One more week to go...then the new and improved me will begin. Super excited...and of course scared of the outcome. But no matter what, I will have my family behind me, and my friends beside me...and my boys running in front of me...and me...I will be fine. Surrounded by love...and legos...lots and lots of legos....

No comments:

Post a Comment