Thursday, September 11, 2014

I am not a Control Freak, just as long as I am in charge. Day 9.

Ok I know I live in Wisconsin, and Wisconsin has always been known as a cold state....HOWEVER...today is September 9th (or 10th because it is after midnight). It is SUPPOSE TO BE WARM! Last year it was 90* for the high and 68* for the low (Yes I had to google it to check it). Today it was a high of 72* and a low of....drum roll...46* Crazy! As much as I LOVE cold weather...I was very surprised to come home (at 3am) to a house with all the windows open and the temp reading 55* inside....brrrr! But I will sleep great today...under 6 cozy blankets!

Today was a long day. My oldest son was up all night Tuesday night sick (it has been making the rounds at his dads house in the past week). He made it a point to wake me up each time he threw up....wonderful. I always feel so bad when there isn't anything I can do to take the pain away. Thankfully both of us got some much needed sleep during the day.

Since Friday night I have been having really bad shin splints on my right leg. It hasn't been bad at home, but within an hour of being at work it kills. Everything I have been told/read said to ice and rest. HA. Yeah like that is going to happen. Depending on how I feel tomorrow (Thursday) I might make an appointment to have it looked at on Friday. I know I didn't fall or smack it on anything...but still it is nice to know what is going on.

I ended up having to go into work from 3pm-11pm to cover a coworker (I knew about it last week). And because I am such a GREAT person...I stayed until 3am to help some more. I didn't feel all that great about it. By 1am I was getting pretty crabby. I started to remember why I hated packing bottles. I am not in control.

I wouldn't call myself a control freak...but I do freak when I am not in control..lol.  Packing bottles means I am stuck at a machine. I can't get a drink when I want. I can't go to the bathroom when I want. I'm dependent on other people to come over at their time to give me breaks. I'm never sure when my breaks will start, and I hate that part.

Working material or warehouse I'm more in control. I'm not tied down to a machine waiting for others. I can choose when to take a break. Where I can go. What I can do. And at the pace I like. It allows me to stay busy and not bored. I like that.

However what I would like right now is a hot shower and some Ibuprofen. I'm not sure if I will be called in to work tonight. Depends if I decide to answer my phone or not...because I am in control...most times :D

No comments:

Post a Comment