Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Putting things off-Day 23

I'm lacking motivation today. To do everything. To clean. To blog. To go shopping. To even go take a nap. Sad huh. I have about 5 hours until I have to get my youngest from school and then go to my oldest football game. So much could be done...but I don't know where to start. I could go do some dishes...or laundry...or paint some dresser drawers...or go grocery shopping...or go play with a whole bunch of Styrofoam that I just brought home from work. So many choices...too many.

I keep reminding myself that today is my only TRUE day off this week. I got off at 7am yesterday...and I go back in at 11pm tomorrow. I'm working for a coworker on Wednesday and Thursday night...as a last minute favor. I do plan on getting the dresser drawers done before October. I do know I started them in June...but hey...a woman gets distracted...and this woman is very easily distracted!

On the plus side I should be receiving my NEWEST Ebay order sometime today or tomorrow. Super excited. One is just for me...and the other is a decoration for my room. Also I ordered some small gifts for Reilly (my middle son) for his birthday in November. I bought him new skateboard (Longboard) wheels a few months ago and told him they were his bday present (because they were $40). But I found some Lego mini figures on Ebay and scooped them up for about $1 a piece (13 of them...two separate orders). He is a Lego freak. I know he is going to love them!

Also I have to change my Christmas theme. My mom told me that I can NOT have "The Nightmare Before Christmas" as a theme. She said we are doing Christmas here this year, because our house is bigger. And she did not want to see any ghosts or goblins or 18 eyed spiders with Santa hats on. So now I have to decide on a new theme :(

I know, I know, I'm an adult. But she has a key and I know I would come home one day to find my house empty of all Halloween décor. So I was thinking of doing a "candy" theme. Every year it is different. Last year was the "Old Fashioned" theme...and the year before was the royal colors...and before that was blue and silver. SO...a candy theme will be fun :D

However, because I have a million other things to do before I can think about Christmas...I can't plan to much yet.

But until then...I'm going to start on some laundry...and some dishes...and then allow myself to take a nice hot shower. Maybe a small quick nap...and a nice candy filled dream...about gum drops and lollipops...clean kitchen and folded clothes...

No comments:

Post a Comment