Friday, September 5, 2014

Take every small step you can get. Day 5

Today was a good day. In fact it was a great day! I received a phone call at 11pm asking....actually begging me to come into work. I had nothing else planned except a nice hot bath and more episodes of Revenge (Thank you Janelle for getting me hooked). So I got dressed drove in and worked a long 8 hours. But that was last night...not the great part. The great part began at 7:02am and still continues...

A friend from work and I went to McD's for breakfast that lasted over two hours. It was what I think both of us needed. Lots and lots of laughs and even more funny looks from the old people seated around us. It was a blast and I'm very glad we had to chance to catch up.

Then after I was able to finally get some sleep, I received an odd text message. I was asked to switch positions with someone. He wanted my weekend night position and in turn....I would get his first shift position. I woke up very fast and long story short...we will talk to management next week and hopefully starting October I will be on first shift.

As much as I love working weekends on 3rd shift I don't get to see my kids very much. It was perfect for summer time, but now with the kids in school, first shift would be perfect. But, I have been burned in the past with new positions, so I am not getting my hopes up...too much.

But that isn't even the best part. The best part of today was getting yet another phone call saying that if I wanted to come into work at my normal 7pm time I could...or...here's the best part...I could sleep in and not come in until 11pm. YEAH!

It truly is the small things in life that make everything good....or bad. But I will take today. A step in the right direction. A step up and closer to happiness. And even if later on I slip up and fall back a few steps...I had today. Today was a good day. I will take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment