Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Life starts after the next episode. Day 8

I haven't updated in awhile...mostly because when I work weekends, that is all I do. Work and sleep...work and sleep...work and sleep. Fun fun. After a very slow weekend at work I had a lot of
time to plan things. For home...work...and personal life.

I had time to reflect on my visit to my best friend Janelle's house over Labor Day weekend. She introduced me to the show Revenge. LOVE IT! Currently I'm only half way through Season 2, and Season 4 starts in 2 weeks. And we had plenty of Girl Talk. Loved that even more!

I was reading through a book of hers and the one thing that caught my attention was the phrase "Dirty dishes lead to Debt". This made perfect sense. There has been too many times in my life that I've gone out to eat because I didn't have the energy to do dishes to cook dinner. This will have to change.

Lately I have been pretty good at getting things picked up. I have the time to do so...and I have a place that I really love. For the first time in a long time this new place feels like "home". I want to make it look nice. I want to be able to welcome people in...without having them give me a week notice. But most of all, I want my kids to be able to come home to a clean and organized home.  A home they are proud of as much as I am.

My goals are simple. Clean. Organize. Repeat. Ok, they sound simple...everything sounds simple when written down. It is the "doing" part that is hard. Trying to stay focused and on task will be a bitch to do. For me at least.

One step at a time...one load of laundry at a time...one sink full of dishes at a time...just as soon as this episode of Revenge is over...or maybe the next episode too ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment